- Summary: Hustle by day and risk it all at night in Need for Speed Heat, a white-knuckle racer that pits you against a city's rogue police force as you battle your way into street racing's elite. By day compete in the Speedhunter Showdown -- a sanctioned competition where you earn bank to customizeHustle by day and risk it all at night in Need for Speed Heat, a white-knuckle racer that pits you against a city's rogue police force as you battle your way into street racing's elite. By day compete in the Speedhunter Showdown -- a sanctioned competition where you earn bank to customize and upgrade your garage of high-performance cars. When your ride's perfectly styled and hyper-tuned, and you're ready to ramp up the intensity, drive out into the night where you and your crew take on the competition in illicit street races that build your reputation and grant you access to bigger races and better parts. But under the cover of darkness patrols a rogue task force looking to bring you down and swipe all you've earned. Take them on and risk it all for underground glory or head back to your safehouse and begin another thrilling day. The roads, the risks, and the rides never end in this street racer where your crew rolls deep, your garage is full of hot cars, and the city's your nonstop playground.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Need for Speed Heat - Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer
Nov 14, 2019Need for Speed Heat has a great visual style that smartly leans into the tuner culture that helped set the series apart in games like Most Wanted and Underground. Unfortunately its sluggish progression and weak online offerings keep this from reaching the heights of the series.
Nov 10, 2019It's clear that Ghost Games has taken a touch of Paradise and applied it to Heat, resulting in a thrilling and beautiful racing game that's bursting with things to do. Though their ambition was bold, they strayed too far from comfort in putting Heat together. When measured up against its own franchise, Heat does a lot to move the series in the right direction and it's a clear, marked improvement over Payback.
Nov 8, 2019This Need for Speed has everything it needs to please the players, especially those looking for an heir to Most Wanted. But Heat lacks of driving sensations, of a proper physic management, and has plenty of balance problems, making the game more frustrating than fun.
Nov 8, 2019Amazing!!! Just absolutely Amazing. Its a great mix of underground and the original most wanted. Car handles good. The customization is veryAmazing!!! Just absolutely Amazing. Its a great mix of underground and the original most wanted. Car handles good. The customization is very detailed. And the cops can actually be difficult to get away from. Definitely worth buying… Expand
Nov 15, 2019As someone who has fond memories of the Underground series and ProStreet, I can safely say that NFS Heat is the best game in the NFS franchiseAs someone who has fond memories of the Underground series and ProStreet, I can safely say that NFS Heat is the best game in the NFS franchise in years. With a roster of cars that is larger than Payback, improved graphics, challenging cop chases, and an astounding sense of speed, this one is not to miss. Arcade racing game enthusiasts will be pleased.
+ Expanded car roster, including legacy cars (350Z, M3 GTR, 240SX, etc.)
+ Graphical improvements
+ Challenging cop chases
+ Loads of customization options
+ No microtransactions in sight (for now)
+ Risk vs. Reward at night
- Lack of pedestrians, making the game feel lifeless at times.
- Some minor-level bugs/glitches at the time of this review.… Expand
Nov 9, 2019I really like the game. The cars handle very good, graphical speaking it is top notch. And the story is pretty well written aswell. Yes, itI really like the game. The cars handle very good, graphical speaking it is top notch. And the story is pretty well written aswell. Yes, it has it's downturns like the poor difficulty balancing, but there will be some tweaking in the future for sure. Oh, and the cars sound amazing and the models in that game are better than in some other racing games.… Expand
Nov 8, 2019FINALLY.......
For me NFS Heat is a long awaited return to glory. Im affording it extra respect as it's clear that Ghost Games haveFINALLY.......
For me NFS Heat is a long awaited return to glory. Im affording it extra respect as it's clear that Ghost Games have actually listened to the community.
What they've done is taken everything they did right with the previous few titles while completely erasing everything that people hated, and the result is imo the best NFS game since pre 2010. Most people are probably familiar with the formula, so I'll summarise.
No micro transactions, no pointless online only restrictions, no lottery upgrade system, no restrictions on visual car mods, no invasive story forcing you down certain disciplines and no soggy heavy driving model...... Instead we have a sensible and progressive array of performance mods and proper engine swap options, sharper and more responsive handling, an excellent map of decent size designed with driving pleasure in mind, free roam police that provide a great challenge and tangible sense of tension when racing at night, wide array of unrestricted and highly customization visual parts and paint options and the complete freedom to play however you want. Want to focus on the story and immerse yourself, empathizing with the cast and RP'ing as a proper street racer? do it. Want to completely ignore the story and just enjoy exploring and building up your rep and car(s)? do it. Want to drive in peace, take your time searching for collectibles and playing races/challenges uninterrupted? just play mainly in daytime mode. Want to be pushed into precise calculated driving with a constant mountain of pressure as numerous and actually competent cops hunt you down every second? play mainly night time mode.
No the game isnt perfect, cutscenes seem to drop frames frequently, the difficulty balance for racing early in the game seems a bit off and the cops at night can be punishingly hard; but overall if you're after a free roam street racing game then this is the best entry since Midnight Club LA and NFS Carbon. Easy 8.5/10 , well done Ghost Games! :)… Expand
Nov 12, 2019NFS Heat is some kind of all-round trash bin. Positive things first:
- fine graphics. But we are in 2k19 and it's an AAA game.
- This nightNFS Heat is some kind of all-round trash bin. Positive things first:
- fine graphics. But we are in 2k19 and it's an AAA game.
- This night and day setup is kinda cool.
- Driving physics worse than a living fish on shore. First cars are like "well you can go 150km/h top speed with me but look on my outbreaking ass driving walking speed!". And yes, with or without driving aids.
- Story and Cutscenes: some of those cutscenes would have been better placed in Dark Souls 1 non remaster. And if some dude wants to tell me, that he is in favor with getting talked to half an hour while driving to the next location, than he wants to be placed in hell. settings - audio settings - voice 0%. Thank me later.
- You are not able to fast travel to racing locations. If I want to play a racing game, then, yes, do I want to play one race after the next one. No I don't want to talk with some 0815 guy on the backseat. No, I don't want to drive by my own to the next location. I just want to play the racing stuff.
"AAA" game for 60€, more like "ZZZ" game. And I would take EA to court for this pain in the ass game, if I would have paid this price...… Expand
- (0 views)