New Transport Fever game, is it better? Not really. There is some improvements here and there but this isn't feels like a new game it feelsNew Transport Fever game, is it better? Not really. There is some improvements here and there but this isn't feels like a new game it feels like something else, like patch for old transport fever. So let me make a list about the game;
- New maps looking great, actually i like it.
- Map editor, you can create your own maps.
- Modular stations.
- Planes now can be useful, rather than money sucking machine like in the old game.
- Better terrain tools, yeah flatten terrain tool added in to game (at last).
- Wild life, not much to do with your game play but it's a good addition. (Birds flying formation feels like copy/paste from Transport Giant)
- Now you can stop date progress while playing to game.
- One way roads can be build.
- Traffic lights can be build.
- You can build your own HQ.
- Roundabouts, is this a good or bad thing i don't know actually, because seems like ai don't know how to use roundabouts!
Anything else? Not much actually that's all the good things come to my mind...
- Typical unoptimized game, game using too much RAM especially on very large maps with 1:3 scale, you need to at least 16 GB RAM to play the damn game?! I'm not surprise why the most youtubers playing this game on medium or small tropical maps, because 4/2 tropical maps covered with water which means less assets can be use (less RAM usage), yeah I'm not buying that bull crap!
- Replace vehicle feature removed! WHY???
- Vehicles no longer age up, another removed feature! Replaced by maintenance cost, ridiculous cost I mean!
- It's nearly impossible to expand in early game without loan! Most of your early game play you're spending your time with taking loan repaying loan thing, boring and repetitive!
- Ridiculous amount of costs! Jesus! Who is going to pay more than 2 million $ to steam engine in 1870? This is totally unrealistic!
- Horses cause emission in city? Really?? How? So they eating carrot and farting too much?? Is there any logical explanation for this?
- No real improvement in the game, nothing actually, it's still feels like train fever with some graphical improvements, nothing really changed!
- No new transport mechanics in the game, like, monorail, subway, zeppelins, maglev like futuristic trains or flying vehicles etc.
- No curved stations, come on modders did this while ago!
- New interface is terrible, also line management window fixed on the bottom rather than draggable!
- Vehicle depots less useful.
- %90 of the vehicles copy/paste from previous game! Devs didn't even change the horse animations! They still move like robot rather than actual horse!
- Key stuck bug on TF1 is still there?!
- No company creating screen at the start. Even old transport games have this feature like railroad tycoon 3, you choose your company logo/name even your logo appear in your vehicles but in this game nope!
- No day/night cycles (RT3 have this feature)
- No seasons, it's always sunny not even rain in the game! (At least rain in RT3, but TF2? Nope)
- Vehicles don't use anything like fuel (In RT3 and Transport Giant vehicles use different type of fuels and they need to refill but in TF2 vehicles can run forever!)
- No different biomes in the map, if it's tropical it's always tropical no different combinations.
- Cities still producing the same thing which is passenger, no mail or anything else! Even in Transport Giant (which is very old game) cities can produce passenger, mail and garbage.
- No complex signals like in the open ttd.
- Your trucks and buses still can't do overtake, they stuck behind the slow moving ai cars.
- You can't buy industries for extra profit like in the RT3!
- No challenging gameplay, only challenge is costs! Nothing else! Too much casual sometime feels like mobile game.
- No AI competitors!
- No multiplayer!
- No adjustable ticket prices, your ticket prices depends on the vehicle speed! I don't know why devs still using this ridiculous mechanic!
- Even vehicles cost maintenance, they don't break, they just run that's it.. Why do we need to pay maintenance cost then? So unrealistic!
- There is only one way to reduce emission in cities which is replace vehicles! No sound barriers not even trees effective against emission like in the cities skyline.
- No decorative assets in the game, you still get lamp and bench that's it! Nothing new!
- Cities only accept two type of different cargo, they don't request new type of cargo over time while they growing, it's always two type of cargo, boring! Even old TF much more better than this, because you need to transport six different cargo, instead of 'only' two!
- No planing tool like in the 'Prison Architect', you build routes with trial and error (Which is cost ridiculous amount of money of course!)
- Instant building instead of real time building. Casual game play mechanic in the so-called simulation game.
- No undoing options. Once build it, it's done, happy or not!… Expand